Man killed in Thomasville shooting identified
The 200 block of Pine Street in Thomasville (Google Maps)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — Police have identified a man who was killed over the weekend in a shooting in Thomasville.
Police tell the Lexington Dispatch that David Braswell was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting, which was reported shortly after 10:30 p.m. Saturday at 211 Pine St.
Braswell was found shot inside the home, which he lived in, police say.
No suspects have been arrested or publicly identified, although police said they are looking into a “person of interest.”
The shooting marked the second homicide of the year in Thomasville, with the first occurring less than 24 hours earlier. Eric Allen Whisnant, 28, has been charged with murder in the earlier incident, which police say is not related to the shooting of Braswell.
No other details have been released. Anyone with further information is asked to call Crimestoppers.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k