High Point man creates website to fundraise for college tuition
HIGH POINT, N.C. — A High Point man has created a website in an effort to raise $14,000 so he can return to college.
According to the Greensboro News & Record, Corey Arvinger needs that amount to return to Howard University in Washington. The 21-year-old was reportedly studying international business until he lost his financial aid due to academic probation.
He told the News & Record, “I tell people when I get back (to school), I will guarantee a 4.0.”
Arvinger, a 2010 graduate of Greensboro Day School, set up 4for14000.com to facilitate the idea.
He tells the paper he’s already received about $2,400 in donations. He has also been working at a jewelry store while back in High Point. His mother has taken up extra work by coaching at Kernodle Middle School where she teaches.
Read more: News-Record.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave