Buckley Report: Letter from the President
Richard Hayward was living what he saw as a regular American life as a retiree in Washington. He served in the army, married the love of his life and raised five children on a police officer’s salary.
That is, until he was diagnosed with throat cancer a couple of years ago.
His daughter Melissa, a Greensboro resident, would lift his spirits by sending her dad a “hello”—-through a text message, email or phone call—every day.
One day, she let one well positioned person know about her dad.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy