Buckley Report: Letter from the President
Richard Hayward was living what he saw as a regular American life as a retiree in Washington. He served in the army, married the love of his life and raised five children on a police officer’s salary.
That is, until he was diagnosed with throat cancer a couple of years ago.
His daughter Melissa, a Greensboro resident, would lift his spirits by sending her dad a “hello”—-through a text message, email or phone call—every day.
One day, she let one well positioned person know about her dad.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave