Rick Hendrick buys first 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette
(CNN Photo // John Coughlin)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — NASCAR team owner Rick Hendrick has reportedly purchased the first 2014 Chevrolet C7 Corvette Stingray.
According to SPEEDTV.com, the Charlotte-area resident made the purchase on Saturday night at the 42nd annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Event.
Hendrick, who is also the country’s largest supplier of Chevy vehicles, reportedly paid $1.05 million plus 10 percent buyer’s premium in a charity auction.
The auction win secures Hendrick as the owner of the VIN No. 0001 of the new ‘Vette. He will be able to choose his own color and any options.
Proceeds from the auction go toward the College for Creative Studies.
The new ‘Vette made was unveiled last week at the Detroit Auto Show.
Read more: SPEEDTV.com
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting