Police search for two suspects after armed robbery in Winston-Salem
3890 North Glenn Ave. in Winston-Salem (Google Maps)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Police are searching for two suspects who robbed a Winston-Salem convenience store at gunpoint over the weekend.
According to police, officers responded around 11:45 p.m. Sunday to a report of an armed robbery at the Akron Market BP-Amoco station at 3890 North Glenn Ave.
An employee told police the suspects pointed handguns at her when they entered the store and stole an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspects were last seen running east toward Liberty Street.
One suspect is described as a black male between 20 and 30 years old standing between 6′ and 6’3″ tall with dreadlocks. He was wearing a black baseball cap, a dark hooded jacket and black pants at the time of the robbery.
The other suspect is described as a black male between the ages of 18 and 25 standing between 5’8″ and 6′ tall with short hair. He was wearing a lime-green sweatshirt that was pulled over his face and dark pants at the time.
No injuries were reported.
Anyone with further information is asked to call police or Crimestoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault