Mebane man pleads guilty to assaulting officer with car
GRAHAM, N.C. — A Mebane man received a 16 to 20 month sentence after recently pleading guilty trying to run over a police officer with a car in 2010.
The Burlington Times-News reported that 32-year-old Joseph Lenoir Tate also pleaded guilty to shoplifting and pawning stolen items in 2011 and 2012.
His sentence reportedly included credit for time served. The state also dismissed nine charges, including two felonies.
Mebane Police Officer C. Snell was reportedly investigating larceny from Sak’s Fifth Avenue Off Fifth and tried stopping Tate’s vehicle.
Tate allegedly tried to ram Snell’s patrol car during the stop, and ran over the officer when he got out of the vehicle.
Read full story: The Burlington Times-News.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home