Ex-NYC Mayor Koch hospitalized
NEW YORK — Former New York Mayor Ed Koch is back in the hospital for the third recent time.
Multiple media sources are reported that Koch went to the hospital around 10 p.m. Saturday with swollen ankles. Tests on Sunday reportedly showed he also has some fluid in his lungs.
Spokesman George Arzt said Koch ‘‘sounded great’’ when they spoke Sunday. His release date remains uncertain.
The 88-year-old Democrat served three terms from 1978 to 1989 and is famous for asking constituents, ‘‘How’m I doing?’’
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave