Ex-NYC Mayor Koch hospitalized
NEW YORK — Former New York Mayor Ed Koch is back in the hospital for the third recent time.
Multiple media sources are reported that Koch went to the hospital around 10 p.m. Saturday with swollen ankles. Tests on Sunday reportedly showed he also has some fluid in his lungs.
Spokesman George Arzt said Koch ‘‘sounded great’’ when they spoke Sunday. His release date remains uncertain.
The 88-year-old Democrat served three terms from 1978 to 1989 and is famous for asking constituents, ‘‘How’m I doing?’’
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview