Ex-NYC Mayor Koch hospitalized
NEW YORK — Former New York Mayor Ed Koch is back in the hospital for the third recent time.
Multiple media sources are reported that Koch went to the hospital around 10 p.m. Saturday with swollen ankles. Tests on Sunday reportedly showed he also has some fluid in his lungs.
Spokesman George Arzt said Koch ‘‘sounded great’’ when they spoke Sunday. His release date remains uncertain.
The 88-year-old Democrat served three terms from 1978 to 1989 and is famous for asking constituents, ‘‘How’m I doing?’’
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK