16-year-old left with burns after explosion at NC party
MOUNT PLEASANT, N.C. — Officials said a teenager is recovering from burns to her face after an explosion at a North Carolina party threw her to the ground.
WSOC reported that the incident took place Saturday night in Mount Pleasant.
The victim’s friends and family said the explosion was caused when a man threw some kind of flammable substance into a fire in a barrel.
Firefighters said they were called to Barrier Store Road and several people were taken to the hospital with burns, including the teenage victim.
The girl’s father said he is heartbroken and wants the man who caused the explosion charged.
“It was a grown-up that done it, I hear. She’s an innocent child. She had nothing to do with it,” said the girl’s father, Kenneth Bolton, according to WSOC.
Read more: WSOC.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview