High Point man arrested in fatal stabbing in Thomasville
Eric Allen Whisnant, 28, of High Point (Thomasville PD)
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A High Point man has been arrested after police say he stabbed and killed a man early Saturday morning in Thomasville.
Eric Allen Whisnant, 28, has been charged with murder.
Police say they found the victim with a stab wound to the abdomen lying in a parking lot at of an apartment complex at 815 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive around 2:47 a.m.
Officials said the victim was taken to Thomasville Medical Center where he later succumbed to his injuries.
The identity of the victim has not been released. Detectives said they are currently not releasing a motive.
Whisnant is being held in the Davidson County Jail without bond.
Anyone with information can call Thomasville Crime Stoppers at (336) 476-TIPS (8477) or Thomasville Police at (336) 475-4284.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy