Multiple wrecks snarl traffic on I-85 near Archdale
ARCHDALE, N.C. — Multiple wrecks — one involving a tractor-trailer and a state trooper’s patrol car — shut down both directions of Interstate 85 at N.C. Highway 62 for several hours in addition to bringing I-85 North at U.S. Highway 311 down to one lane.
I-85 was closed in both directions at Exit 113 / N.C. 62 until about 11:15 a.m. I-85 North was also reduced to one lane at U.S. 311 for several hours.
In the wreck involving a trooper’s patrol car, officials say the trooper and driver of the tractor-trailer were taken to High Point Regional Hospital. The extent of their injuries was not clear.
According to the N.C. Highway Patrol, the trooper responded to an earlier wreck involving a pickup truck around 4 a.m. when the UPS truck hit the patrol car from behind. The UPS truck flipped after hitting the trooper’s vehicle.
No other information was immediately available.Submit Your Photo
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault