Forsyth County deputy’s vehicle involved in wreck
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Forsyth County deputies say one of their vehicles was involved in a wreck Friday morning outside Winston-Salem.
Lt. Brad Stanley says nobody was seriously injured in the wreck, which happened around 9:15 a.m. in the 5700 block of Gumtree Road near Saw Mill Road.
Trooper Shaw with the N.C. Highway Patrol says a Dodge pickup truck went around a curve too fast when it slid across the center line and struck a car head-on.
The deputy’s patrol car was behind the car that was struck. The deputy rear-ended the car because he could not stop in time due to road conditions, Shaw said.
The driver of the car that was hit was treated at the scene for a minor injury, Shaw said.
Damage to the deputy’s patrol car was minimal, he added.
No other details were available.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.