What is Thundersnow?
Thundersnow is a thunderstorm when the air is cold enough to produce snow instead of rain. Just like in the spring and summer, instability is created when the air above the ground is much colder than the air at the ground.
Tonight, at ground level we are certainly chilly, but above it is much colder and as the upper disturbance that Van has talked about this week moves overhead, it will continue to produce thundersnow with heavier pockets of snowfall.
This will cause a wide range in accumulations, similar to the wide range produced by thunderstorms.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview