Volunteer high school swim coach accused of sex with student
David Haynes (Mugshot courtesy, WSOC)
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — A volunteer swimming coach at a North Carolina high school has been accused of having sex with a student.
According to WSOC, David Haynes “coached swimmers at Hopewell High School.”
A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools spokesperson tells WSOC Haynes was a volunteer.
The school system did not release a statement, but the spokesperson says they perform background checks on all volunteers.
The suspect has been banned from all property owned by the school system.
It was not clear how investigators learned of the case.
No other details were available.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home