Volunteer high school swim coach accused of sex with student
David Haynes (Mugshot courtesy, WSOC)
HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. — A volunteer swimming coach at a North Carolina high school has been accused of having sex with a student.
According to WSOC, David Haynes “coached swimmers at Hopewell High School.”
A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools spokesperson tells WSOC Haynes was a volunteer.
The school system did not release a statement, but the spokesperson says they perform background checks on all volunteers.
The suspect has been banned from all property owned by the school system.
It was not clear how investigators learned of the case.
No other details were available.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK