Portion of I-77 closed in Virginia
Virginia State Police and the Virginia Department of Transportation are working to re-open all travel lanes on I-77 in Bland County, Virginia.
Heavy snow and disabled vehicles are making travel conditions treacherous.
DOT Emergency Operations is sending WVDOH crews to start turning traffic around and to inform motorists stalled in traffic of the situation.
Toll booths operators are also informing motorists of the closure.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said traffic was moving slowly Thursday night and she said officials would work through the night to reopen all lanes.
Latest updates: WVVA
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave