Portion of I-77 closed in Virginia
Virginia State Police and the Virginia Department of Transportation are working to re-open all travel lanes on I-77 in Bland County, Virginia.
Heavy snow and disabled vehicles are making travel conditions treacherous.
DOT Emergency Operations is sending WVDOH crews to start turning traffic around and to inform motorists stalled in traffic of the situation.
Toll booths operators are also informing motorists of the closure.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said traffic was moving slowly Thursday night and she said officials would work through the night to reopen all lanes.
Latest updates: WVVA
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview