Portion of I-77 closed in Virginia
Virginia State Police and the Virginia Department of Transportation are working to re-open all travel lanes on I-77 in Bland County, Virginia.
Heavy snow and disabled vehicles are making travel conditions treacherous.
DOT Emergency Operations is sending WVDOH crews to start turning traffic around and to inform motorists stalled in traffic of the situation.
Toll booths operators are also informing motorists of the closure.
Virginia State Police spokeswoman Corinne Geller said traffic was moving slowly Thursday night and she said officials would work through the night to reopen all lanes.
Latest updates: WVVA
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK