Lackluster snow in the Foothills
PINNACLE, N.C. —The foothills didn’t see as much snow as Winston-Salem and Greensboro. About a half an inch to three inches of snow fell in the foothills creating a slushy mess.
Transportation officials spent Thursday preparing for the winter weather that left most of the roads slush thanks to warmer temperatures and lots of rain. In Fancy Gap, Virginia nearly ten inches of snow fell.
“I liked it more in High School,” said college student Chase Nichols of Pilot Mountain. “It’s not as fun when it makes it unsafe to drive.”
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview