Lackluster snow in the Foothills
PINNACLE, N.C. —The foothills didn’t see as much snow as Winston-Salem and Greensboro. About a half an inch to three inches of snow fell in the foothills creating a slushy mess.
Transportation officials spent Thursday preparing for the winter weather that left most of the roads slush thanks to warmer temperatures and lots of rain. In Fancy Gap, Virginia nearly ten inches of snow fell.
“I liked it more in High School,” said college student Chase Nichols of Pilot Mountain. “It’s not as fun when it makes it unsafe to drive.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child