Four habits you should keep throughout the year
Habits are hard to break, but on Thursday during the FOX8 9:00 Morning News, we will learn about four habits that are important to keep all year long!
They are all listed below; and you can visit weightwatchers.com for more advice.
Eat veggies or fruit with every meal or snack:
Fruits and vegetables are Power Foods that are healthy, filling and satisfying. When you incorporate fruits and vegetables you can insulate yourself from not so great choices.
It’s easy to do:
- Lettuce tomato on a sandwich
- Salad before dinner
- Blueberries, bananas, strawberries with your cereal or oatmeal for breakfast
- An mid-morning apple and a cheese stick
Before your leave the house: Pack a Snack
Think of a portable snack as your secret weapon, one that can help you sail right by that pretzel kiosk at the mall, the hot dog stand at the game, the inevitable goodie pile at the office.
Ideas for some “out of the box” portable snacks that will satisfy include:
- Crunchy: PB and apple sandwiches
- Sweet: Chocolate dipped fruit kabob: Combine ¼ cup low fat chocolate pudding, 2 tsp. fresh orange juice, and ¼ tsp. grated orange zest. Use as dip for fresh fruit like strawberries, kiwi, pineapple
- Savory: Turkey mango strips: Spread 1 tsp. each low fat cream cheese and mango chutney on 2 oz. slice of turkey breast, roll up and sprinkle with curry
- Put perishables in a small insulted bag with a cold pack
- Put your snack right next to your car keys
Eat your meal free from distraction
- No TV, no reading, no computer and no smartphone
- ENJOY, FOCUS, eat slowly and savor your food
- Get up and walk at least 5 minutes every hour
- The pride and confidence in just beginning to get more active can carry over into the rest of your life
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting