‘Bucket list teen’ dies after long battle with cancer
Alice Pyne, also known as the “bucket list teen,” who inspired thousands with her courage after a list of her life goals went viral back in 2011, has died.
Pyne’s mother confirmed to the BBC the 17-year-old died on Saturday after a long battle with cancer.
The news was confirmed in a post on Facebook:
“Our darling girl, Alice, gained her angel wings today … She passed away peacefully with Simon, Milly and myself by her side … We are devastated and know that our lives will never again be the same.”
According to the BBC, Pyne was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma when she was 13-years-old.
View the bucket list.
In her last post on Dec. 31, Alice expressed her suprirse at how long she has continued to fight her b attle.
“I’m so excited…because every time I plan something, I always think that I won’t be here to see it happen, and then I am”.
Read more: BBC
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault