17 lbs. of pot seized after deputies find indoor grow in Burlington
James Holt Dixon (Mugshot provided by, Alamance County Sheriff's Office)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A Burlington man has been arrested after deputies say they seized more than 17 pounds of marijuana.
According to the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office, investigators found an indoor grow operation on Tuesday after receiving an anonymous tip.
Deputies said the grow was in northeast Alamance County, but they did not disclose exactly where it was located.
In addition to the marijuana, deputies say they seized an undisclosed amount of steroids and various drug paraphernalia.
James Holt Dixon, 43, is charged with felony possession of marijuana, possession with intent to sell marijuana, manufacturing marijuana, trafficking marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, felony possession of schedule III substances, misdemeanor possession of schedule III substances, and maintaining a dwelling for the purpose of selling drugs.
The suspect was placed in the Alamance County Detention Center under a $200,000 secured bond.
Another suspect who was at the scene was arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, deputies said.
No other details was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave