Road closed due to flooding in Davidson County
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Officials have closed Horseshoe Neck Road to traffic Wednesday afternoon due to flooding in Davidson County.
DOT officials say the road, which is only used by local traffic, is underwater between the 4100 and 4700 blocks of the Churchland community.
Officials said they are also watching Hampton Road, where water is rising between N.C. 150 and N.C. 158 toward Winston-Salem.
Hampton Road has not been closed, but officials may block it if the water level keeps rising.
No other information was immediately available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k