Road closed due to flooding in Davidson County
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Officials have closed Horseshoe Neck Road to traffic Wednesday afternoon due to flooding in Davidson County.
DOT officials say the road, which is only used by local traffic, is underwater between the 4100 and 4700 blocks of the Churchland community.
Officials said they are also watching Hampton Road, where water is rising between N.C. 150 and N.C. 158 toward Winston-Salem.
Hampton Road has not been closed, but officials may block it if the water level keeps rising.
No other information was immediately available.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy