NC teen accused of sexually assaulting 2 children under 7
17-year-old Aaron Honeycutt of Union County
UNION COUNTY, N.C. — A North Carolina high school senior was arrested on Monday on charges he sexually assaulted two young children.
WSOC reported that Union County Sheriff’s deputies arrested 17-year-old Aaron Honeycutt at his Unionville school.
Honeycutt has reportedly been charged with seven different felony sex counts including first-degree rape. Detectives said the two victims are a boy and a girl, both under 7.
Authorities said the investigation started last week when someone called 911 to report a suspected sexual assault.
Investigators said that after conducting interviews, there was enough evidence to place the suspect under arrest.
Honeycutt is a senior at Piedmont High School in Monroe. Authorities said he does not have a prior criminal record.
He was placed in jail under a $250,000 bond and has his first court appearance on Feb. 18.
Read more: WSOC.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault