Guilford, Alamance counties cancel after-school activities for Thursday
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guildford County Schools and Alamance-Burlington Schools have canceled all after-school activities for Thursday, including all extracurricular activities, practices and contests.
Classes are also cancelled for Twilight School, a Guilford County school that operates on an evening schedule. The ACES after-school enrichment program will operate on a regular schedule. Early/middle colleges and the SCALE programs will dismiss no later than 4 p.m.
District leaders want to have all school and activity buses parked by 6 p.m.
Shortly after 6:30 a.m. Thursday, a spokeswoman with Alamance-Burlington Schools announced the district’s decision to cancel its after-school programs.
For more information regarding the GCS inclement weather policy visit the GCS website.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k