Guilford, Alamance counties cancel after-school activities for Thursday
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — Guildford County Schools and Alamance-Burlington Schools have canceled all after-school activities for Thursday, including all extracurricular activities, practices and contests.
Classes are also cancelled for Twilight School, a Guilford County school that operates on an evening schedule. The ACES after-school enrichment program will operate on a regular schedule. Early/middle colleges and the SCALE programs will dismiss no later than 4 p.m.
District leaders want to have all school and activity buses parked by 6 p.m.
Shortly after 6:30 a.m. Thursday, a spokeswoman with Alamance-Burlington Schools announced the district’s decision to cancel its after-school programs.
For more information regarding the GCS inclement weather policy visit the GCS website.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview