Cam Newton degree: Quarterback to return to Auburn
Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton will return to Auburn University to finish his degree.
Newton left the school early to enter the NFL draft in 2010.
Newton was drafted in the first round by the Panthers.
New Auburn coach, Guz Malzahn, tweeted the news on Tuesday. Auburn spokesman Kirk Sampson says Newton is pursuing a degree in sociology but was unsure how close he was to finishing that degree.
Sampson confirmed to the Associated Press that Newton is currently enrolled as a student, but he said Newton isn’t giving media interviews and just “wants to focus on school and be a normal student.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it