Cam Newton degree: Quarterback to return to Auburn
Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton will return to Auburn University to finish his degree.
Newton left the school early to enter the NFL draft in 2010.
Newton was drafted in the first round by the Panthers.
New Auburn coach, Guz Malzahn, tweeted the news on Tuesday. Auburn spokesman Kirk Sampson says Newton is pursuing a degree in sociology but was unsure how close he was to finishing that degree.
Sampson confirmed to the Associated Press that Newton is currently enrolled as a student, but he said Newton isn’t giving media interviews and just “wants to focus on school and be a normal student.”
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting