2 displaced after early morning house fire in Forsyth County
FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said two women were displaced after an early morning house fire Wednesday in Germanton.
Authorities said the blaze was reported around 7:45 a.m. at 4487 Misty Mountain Ct. Officials said one of the victims was being treated for burns to the hand.
Fire officials said that heavy flames and smoke were visible upon arrival.
Investigators said the fire was caused because of smoking by an oxygen patient and has been ruled accidental. An estimate of damage caused was not released.
The Red Cross is reportedly assisting the residents after being displaced.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it