Rain could mix with snow on Thursday night
Parts of the Piedmont could see a rain/snow mix on Thursday.
Light rain will continue tonight over the northern parts of the Piedmont.
The rain is expected to taper off on Wednesday before another wave of moisture moves through on Thursday and brings rain to the eastern and central parts of North Carolina. On the back end of that system, if moisture lingers past 7 p.m., the air could become cold enough to mix or change to snow.
Then, there is a good chance a cold blast will hit the east coast around Tuesday of next week. Temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday may not get above freezing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it