Pocket dial 911 call leads deputies to NC underage drinking party
HAYWOOD COUNTY, N.C. – Deputies said a pocket dial to 911 led them to an underage drinking party in which two teens had to be treated for alcohol poisoning.
WLOS reported that the incident occurred Friday night outside Waynesville.
A 16-year-old’s cell phone call reportedly led authorities to a home where more than a dozen teens were drinking alcohol.
Officials said the boy’s 48-year-old father was the homeowner and was arrested. Deputies said he was passed out in a back bedroom.
Sixteen teens were reportedly cited for underage drinking. The father was reportedly charged with 16 counts of providing alcohol to a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Read more: WLOS.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave