Pocket dial 911 call leads deputies to NC underage drinking party
HAYWOOD COUNTY, N.C. – Deputies said a pocket dial to 911 led them to an underage drinking party in which two teens had to be treated for alcohol poisoning.
WLOS reported that the incident occurred Friday night outside Waynesville.
A 16-year-old’s cell phone call reportedly led authorities to a home where more than a dozen teens were drinking alcohol.
Officials said the boy’s 48-year-old father was the homeowner and was arrested. Deputies said he was passed out in a back bedroom.
Sixteen teens were reportedly cited for underage drinking. The father was reportedly charged with 16 counts of providing alcohol to a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
Read more: WLOS.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy