Man dies after being dragged four miles in Asheville
ASHEVILLE, N.C (WTVD). — Police in Asheville are investigating the death of a pedestrian who was hit by three cars and then dragged for four miles.
Police say an Asheville man was hit by a vehicle about 7 p.m. Monday.
The driver pulled over but the victim was hit by two other vehicles. He was lodged under the third vehicle and dragged for several miles.
Asheville Police say the driver of the minivan did not realize she had hit someone. The driver thought she had a flat tire.
Police believe the rain made it hard for drivers to see.
Investigators will talk with the District Attorney’s Office about possible charges.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k