Four-year-old accidentally shoots relative in Richmond
RICHMOND, Va. — A man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after his four-year-old relative accidentally shot him.
According to WTVR, the shooting was reported shortly after 11:15 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of Whitcomb Street.
WTVR has only identified the victim as a man in his 50s. As of last report, he was in serious condition at VCU Medical Center.
It was not clear how the gun ended up in the child’s hands.
Police are investigating and ask that anyone with further information would call Crimestoppers.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault