Four-year-old accidentally shoots relative in Richmond
RICHMOND, Va. — A man was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries after his four-year-old relative accidentally shot him.
According to WTVR, the shooting was reported shortly after 11:15 a.m. Sunday in the 2300 block of Whitcomb Street.
WTVR has only identified the victim as a man in his 50s. As of last report, he was in serious condition at VCU Medical Center.
It was not clear how the gun ended up in the child’s hands.
Police are investigating and ask that anyone with further information would call Crimestoppers.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview