Energizer cutting 80-100 jobs in Asheboro
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Energizer Battery Company is expected to layoff 80 to 100 employees at its two facilities in Asheboro in March, according to Ken Fields, a spokesman for the company.
All affected employees will receive 60 days notice of the anticipated permanent layoff.
Production will continue at the Albermarle Road and Art Bryan Drive plants, however operations at the Central Ave. location will be consolidated to the Abermarle location.
Energizer currently employs more than 675 people at its two locations in Asheboro.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home