Tractor-trailer overturns on Kivett Drive in High Point
HIGH POINT, N.C. — A tractor-trailer overturned Monday morning on Kivett Drive in High Point, prompting authorities to temporarily shut down the road at I-85.
Trooper Greg Ingram with the N.C. Highway Patrol says the tractor-trailer carrying sheet metal overturned on Kivett Drive where it crosses under I-85.
DOT officials say the accident happened around 5 a.m.
The roadway was initially expected to be closed until about 9 a.m., but officials reopened the roadway around 7:15 a.m.
Ingram says investigators are not sure what caused the rig to overturn.
The driver of the tractor-trailer suffered a minor injury, Ingram added.
No other details were available.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault