I-85 in Greensboro reopened after multi-vehicle crash
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A tractor-trailer accident caused traffic problems Monday evening on I-85 southbound in Greensboro.
The accident shut down all three lanes of Interstate 85 directly under the Northbound Business 85 bridge at the interchange with Interstate 73.
Officials reopened all lanes around 1 a.m. Tuesday, but DOT crews were still cleaning wreckage from the shoulder of the interstate as of 4 a.m.
Traffic on Southbound I-85 was temporarily diverted to Northbound I-73.
Five vehicles were involved in the accident, which occurred around 6 p.m.
Two cars hit each other and the other three hit the debris that fell off a flatbed truck full of building supplies.
The flatbed truck ran off the side of the road when a second truck hit it. The load spilled and three other vehicles were damaged when they hit the debris on the road.
Four people were taken to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is still unclear.Submit Your Photo
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy