Stokes Co. School Board to discuss adding officers
STOKES COUNTY, N.C. — The Stokes County School Board plans to continue discussions about adding officers in schools, an idea that followed the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Conn.
Stokes County requested school resource officers last month at every school, but it could cost around $350,000.
The board plans to meet Monday night to hold a closed session meeting with an attorney to develop plans for school safety before holding its regular session.
The December 14 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary left 20 children and six adults dead before the suspect shot himself.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old