Rural Hall man charged in deadly shooting
Christopher Wayne Goins (Mugshot courtesy, Forsyth County Sheriff's Office)
RURAL HALL, N.C. — A Rural Hall man was arrested Sunday after deputies say he shot and killed another man.
According to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office, Kim Nolan Duggins, 41, of Denver, N.C., was found in a driveway at 9405 Weigh Station Road around 1:30 a.m. after deputies responded to a report of a fight.
Duggins, who had been shot in the chest, was pronounced dead at the scene by EMS, deputies said.
Investigators charged Christopher Wayne Goins, 42, of 9415 Weigh Station Road, with voluntary manslaughter in connection with the shooting.
The suspect is being held in the Forsyth County Detention Center under a $350,000 secured bond.
Deputies say they are investigating the incident as a homicide. Anyone with further information is asked to call the sheriff’s office at (336) 727-2112.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave