Roy’s Folks: Sunny Italy salad dressing
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — For over 40 years, people in Wilkes and surrounding counties fell in love with a little restaurant tucked away in the Brushy Mountains called Sunny Italy.
Granny Roselli kept the customers coming back for her family recipes, which included a unique house salad dressing. When she passed away in 2010 at age 101, the restaurant closed and many thought that would be the last time they would ever taste the dressing.
But Joe Roselli saved his mother’s recipe and decided to have the dressing bottled after her death.
You can find the Sunny Italy dressing at several IGA stores in Wilkes County and at Roselli’s Bakery in Mount Airy. More stores are expected to begin carrying the product in the coming months.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview