Police: NC man crashes into bar after political argument
26-year-old Jacob Mark Spivey
WILMINGTON, N.C. — Officials said a man accused of crashing a car into a bar because of a political argument Friday night in Wilmington was arrested.
Authorities told WECT that 26-year-old Jacob Mark Spivey became upset when a 40-year-old woman made comments about his political beliefs.
Spivey allegedly left and then intentionally drove into the building to try to harm the woman. Officials said two bar patrons were taken to the hospital.
One of the victims had serious injuries including broken bones and the other has been treated and released, officials said.
Spivey was charged with 11 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, one count of hit and run, one count of injury to real property and one count of careless and reckless operation.
Police said they believe alcohol and/or drugs were not a factor.
Spivey was placed in the New Hanover County Jail and has court planned on Monday.
Read more: WECT.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview