LB going to med school, giving up football
LINCOLN, Neb. — Nebraska linebacker Sean Fisher has announced his plan to enroll in medical school next fall rather than petition the NCAA for a sixth season with the Cornhuskers, the Associated Press is reporting.
AFisher broke his leg in preseason practice in 2010 and missed the entire season. He could have asked the NCAA for eligibility in 2013, according to the report.
Fisher said Monday it’s “time to move on” and put all his energy into preparing for medical school.
He said he appreciated the time coach Bo Pelini gave him to finalize his decision.
Read more: The Associated Press
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview