LB going to med school, giving up football
LINCOLN, Neb. — Nebraska linebacker Sean Fisher has announced his plan to enroll in medical school next fall rather than petition the NCAA for a sixth season with the Cornhuskers, the Associated Press is reporting.
AFisher broke his leg in preseason practice in 2010 and missed the entire season. He could have asked the NCAA for eligibility in 2013, according to the report.
Fisher said Monday it’s “time to move on” and put all his energy into preparing for medical school.
He said he appreciated the time coach Bo Pelini gave him to finalize his decision.
Read more: The Associated Press
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants