Birds hit two planes at JFK Airport
Authorities say birds hit two planes that took off from New York’s Kennedy Airport shortly after takeoff over the weekend.
The New York Daily News reports a JetBlue flight with about 70 passengers headed to the Dominican Republic hit some birds moments after taking off around 3:30 p.m. Saturday, officials said.
The plane landed back at JFK Airport without incident.
A second JetBlue flight, on its way to the Bahams, hit a bird about an hour after take off on Sunday. Officials do not believe the bird strike damaged the plane, but it returned to the airport as a precaution.
In both incidents, passengers resumed their trips on different planes.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault