Brawl at baby shower lands three in court
Credit: Stoughton Police
STOUGHTON, Mass. — A brawl at a baby shower in Massachusetts landed three men and a 14-year-old boy in court following the violent brawl.
According to the Patriot Ledger, police say 24-year-old Patrick Cardoso Lopes, 24-year-old Paulo Pires Depina, and 22-year-old Aderito Lopes Deandrade, all of Brockton, Mass., are scheduled to be arraigned Monday on charges including disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and assault and battery on a police officer.
The 14-year-old boy’s name was not released because of his age.
According to the report, bottles were thrown, punches were flying and furniture was smashed.
Police told the paper the fights were happening in front of small children at the party.
“The behavior (of the partygoers) was appalling. They not only put officers at risk, but their own children at risk during all this,” Executive Officer Robert Devine told the Patriot Ledger.
The unruly crowd of nearly 200 people led Southton Police to call for backup. Four officers suffered minor injuries during the incident
Read more: Patriot Ledger
‘People of Walmart’
Faces of Meth
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault