$1M donation to create new NC Eye Bank lab
The North Carolina Eye Bank (David Rolfe/Winston-Salem Journal)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The North Carolina Eye Bank Inc. expanded its research reach for a second time this month, through a $1 million donation to UNC School of Medicine.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported the donation to the school’s ophthalmology department will create the N.C. Eye Bank Multidisciplinary Surgical Skills Laboratory.
The facility will be shared by two other neuroscience departments, neurosurgery and otolaryngology/head and neck surgery.
The company is based in Winston-Salem and the medical school will hold a grand-opening ceremony for the laboratory at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Thurston Bowles building, 104 Manning Dr. in Chapel Hill.
The 3,500-square-foot laboratory will have 19 stations, a conference room and a simulation lab with access to high-fidelity simulators, such as robotic stations and anatomic computer-based simulators.
Read full article: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting