$1M donation to create new NC Eye Bank lab
The North Carolina Eye Bank (David Rolfe/Winston-Salem Journal)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The North Carolina Eye Bank Inc. expanded its research reach for a second time this month, through a $1 million donation to UNC School of Medicine.
The Winston-Salem Journal reported the donation to the school’s ophthalmology department will create the N.C. Eye Bank Multidisciplinary Surgical Skills Laboratory.
The facility will be shared by two other neuroscience departments, neurosurgery and otolaryngology/head and neck surgery.
The company is based in Winston-Salem and the medical school will hold a grand-opening ceremony for the laboratory at 2 p.m. Wednesday in the Thurston Bowles building, 104 Manning Dr. in Chapel Hill.
The 3,500-square-foot laboratory will have 19 stations, a conference room and a simulation lab with access to high-fidelity simulators, such as robotic stations and anatomic computer-based simulators.
Read full article: The Winston-Salem Journal.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault