High Point University defeats Gardner-Webb, 70-64
HIGH POINT, N.C. – High Point University beat Gardner-Webb University in a 70-64 victory in conference play on Saturday night in the Millis Center.
Both freshman Adam Weary and redshirt-freshman John Brown had 15 points to lead the Panthers, who shot 59 percent from the floor.
“We got production from a lot of guys and our guards played really well tonight,” said HPU head coach Scott Cherry, according to High Point University.
Weary shot 6-for-8 from the floor and 2-for-3 from beyond the arc. Brown was 5-for-9 from the field and 5-for-6 at the line. He also finished with a team-high five rebounds. The Panthers shot over 68 percent (13-for-19) in the second half and went 3-for-6 from three-point range.
The High Point Sports Information Department contributed to this report.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child