Canadian snowmobiler dies after driving under a moose
Credit: Thinkstock images
A 55-year-old man is dead after his snowmobile passed under a moose about 410 kilometres northeast of Montreal, CBC News is reporting.
Provincial police Sgt. Bruno Beaulieu said the incident happened around 10:15 p.m. on Friday.
The man suffered critical head injuries after his snowmobile passed under the large animal while it ran across the path.
The snowmobile was barely damaged in the incident.
Two other people who were also on snowmobiles witnessed the incident. Neither of them was injured.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting