UNC defeats Florida State in 77-72 victory
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – North Carolina defeated defending Atlantic Coast Conference champion Florida State 77-72 on Saturday.
The Orlando Sentinel reported that P.J. Hairston scored a career-high 23 points, making 9 of 14 shots, including four of nine from beyond the arc for North Carolina.
Hairston’s final points boosted the UNC lead to 75-72 with 2:10 left. Marcus Paige also hit two free throws with 11 seconds remaining to seal the outcome.
The Tar Heels (11-5, 1-2) led 33-31 at halftime and took the lead for good at 73-72 with 3:09 when Jackson Simmons scored the go-ahead basket.
Read more: The Orlando Sentinel.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave