Amateur astronomers discover 42 alien planets
A team of amateur astronomers have discovered 42 alien planets including a Jupiter-size world that could potentially be habitable by humans.
Yahoo! News reports that 40 volunteers with the crowd-sourcing Planet Hunters project discovered the new planet candidates.
The alien planets include 15 potentially habitable worlds and PH2 b, a Jupiter-size planet that the team confirmed to be in the habitable zone of its parent star.
Yahoo! reported that this is the second time Planet Hunters project has confirmed a new exoplanet discovery. The planet candidates are awaiting confirmation by professional astronomers.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave