UNCG Police: Former mentally ill student trying to obtain firearm
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The UNCG Police Department posted the following on their Facebook page on Friday evening about a former mentally ill student, Andrew James Walker, who is trying to obtain a firearm in High Point.
“This message is to make you aware of a former student, Andrew James Walker. This subject has a history of mental illness and recently has expressed hostility towards members of the UNCG community. The UNCG Police Department has received information that Mr. Walker may be attempting to obtain a firearm in High Point. He should be considered dangerous. Mr. Walker is a white male, 38 years-old, and has grayish black hair. He is possibly operating a 2005 white Toyota Corolla, license WRV-5200. If you come in contact with him, notify UNCG Police as soon as possible,(336) 334-4444″
“UNCG Police are working with the High Point Police Department to find Walker” said University Police Assistant Chief Paul Lester.
“We are hoping to find him to get him the help he needs”
High Point Police believe Walker is currently out of the state.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home