Missing 13-year-old girl found safe in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY — A 13-year-old Utah girl, Brooklyn Gittins, whose mysterious disappearance sparked massive searches has been found alive and well, FOX 13 is reporting.
Police are still searching for her abductor.
Police said Gittens called her grandmother at 11:30 from a Walmart in South Jordan. The grandmother then called police.
According to police, Brooklyn was still wearing the same clothes she was last seen in and was still without shoes or her glasses.
Officers are working to find out more information about why Gittins was at the Walmart store. Police said they think the teen had help from one or more people and their next priority Friday is to track those people down.
“We believe she has been in the company of an individual, who we hope to identify soon,” said Sheriff Jim Winder, Salt Lake County Police Department. “We believe that individual may face charges as it relates to this incident. So this case, from my standpoint, is not a simple runaway.”
Read more: FOX 13
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview