Go Red for Women: Fight heart disease by training for a 5K
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Go Red for Women is a campaign that aims to help women get in shape and ultimately reduce their risk of heart disease.
Bebe Ramzah, the founder of Fit Chicks, and Robin Hager with Newbridge Bank on Friday joined Cindy Farmer on the FOX8 Morning News to discuss the initiative.
Part of the campaign is training for a 5K — specifically The Human Race, which is set for April 13.
The first of 13 training sessions will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Bryan Family YMCA in downtown Greensboro.
For more, visit goredforwomen.org.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.