Go Red for Women: Fight heart disease by training for a 5K
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Go Red for Women is a campaign that aims to help women get in shape and ultimately reduce their risk of heart disease.
Bebe Ramzah, the founder of Fit Chicks, and Robin Hager with Newbridge Bank on Friday joined Cindy Farmer on the FOX8 Morning News to discuss the initiative.
Part of the campaign is training for a 5K — specifically The Human Race, which is set for April 13.
The first of 13 training sessions will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Bryan Family YMCA in downtown Greensboro.
For more, visit goredforwomen.org.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave