Steelers RB arrested, cut by team
Steelers rookie running back Chris Rainey was arrested in Florida on Thursday, accused of slapping his girlfriend.
Gainesville police officers charged Rainey Thursday with a one count of misdemeanor simple battery.
Officers said Rainey was arguing with his girlfriend over his cellphone. His girlfriend then got into a vehicle and the ex-Florida Gator tried to pull her out.
Witnesses told police Rainey then slapped his girlfriend of nine months across the face and chased her when she ran away with his phone in her purse.
On Thursday, the Steelers cut the running back.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child