White House beer nets $1,200 at charity auction
KNOXVILLE, Iowa — A meeting between President Barack Obama and a beer enthusiast added up to a big payday for a children’s charity.
According to Obama Foodorama, a bottle of the home-brewed White House Honey Ale fetched $1,200 at a charity auction.
The beer was given to Brad Magerkurth, 42, last August when President Barack Obama met him on the campaign trail in Iowa.
President Obama gave Magerkurth a beer, who then sold the beer to the highest bidder. All proceeds benefit the University’s Amplatz Children’s Hospital.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault