Panthers hire new general manager
CHARLOTTE, N.C. –The Carolina Panthers announced on Wednesday Dave Gettleman has been named the team’s general manager.
Gettleman comes to Carolina from the New York Giants, where he served as the Senior Pro Personnel Analyst last season after working as Director of Pro Personnel the previous 13 years.
“I was very impressed with Dave’s experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization,” Panthers Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson said. “He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success.”
Gettleman has been a part of six Super Bowl teams
“I am honored and thrilled to have the opportunity to work in the Panthers organization, Gettleman said. “It is similar to the Giants organization in which I have had the privilege of working the last 15 years and has a lot of pieces in place for success. I am excited about getting started.”
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview