Panthers hire new general manager
CHARLOTTE, N.C. –The Carolina Panthers announced on Wednesday Dave Gettleman has been named the team’s general manager.
Gettleman comes to Carolina from the New York Giants, where he served as the Senior Pro Personnel Analyst last season after working as Director of Pro Personnel the previous 13 years.
“I was very impressed with Dave’s experience and think he will be a very good fit for our organization,” Panthers Owner/Founder Jerry Richardson said. “He has an extensive background in personnel and comes from an organization in the New York Giants that I hold in high regard and played an instrumental role in their success.”
Gettleman has been a part of six Super Bowl teams
“I am honored and thrilled to have the opportunity to work in the Panthers organization, Gettleman said. “It is similar to the Giants organization in which I have had the privilege of working the last 15 years and has a lot of pieces in place for success. I am excited about getting started.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave