Judge rules James Holmes should face trial in Colorado massacre
(CNN) — A Colorado judge ruled Thursday that probable cause exists in the case of James Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people and wounding scores of others in last summer’s shooting inside an Aurora movie theater, and ordered that he stand trial.
Judge William Blair Sylvester, who ordered that Holmes be held without bail, converted a status hearing scheduled for Friday to an arraignment.
The 25-year-old former doctoral student in neuroscience at the University of Colorado, Denver, faces 166 charges, including murder, attempted murder and weapons offenses, tied to the July 20 rampage during a screening of “Batman: The Dark Knight Rises.”
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting