Judge rules James Holmes should face trial in Colorado massacre
(CNN) — A Colorado judge ruled Thursday that probable cause exists in the case of James Holmes, who is accused of killing 12 people and wounding scores of others in last summer’s shooting inside an Aurora movie theater, and ordered that he stand trial.
Judge William Blair Sylvester, who ordered that Holmes be held without bail, converted a status hearing scheduled for Friday to an arraignment.
The 25-year-old former doctoral student in neuroscience at the University of Colorado, Denver, faces 166 charges, including murder, attempted murder and weapons offenses, tied to the July 20 rampage during a screening of “Batman: The Dark Knight Rises.”
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k