Bieber sued by bodyguard for assault, wages
Pop star Justin Bieber
A former bodyguard for Justin Bieber has sued the pop star for over $420,000 in overtime and other wages and claims he was repeatedly struck by the singer during a confrontation last year.
According to E! Online, Moshe Benabou’s lawsuit claims Bieber berated him and “repeatedly punched him in the chest” after a disagreement in October over how to handle a member of the Grammy-nominated singer’s entourage.
Bieber fired Benabou after the altercation.
Benabou claims he was mistakenly told that he wasn’t entitled to receive overtime despite working 14 to 18 hour days between March 2011 and October 2012.
“Justin Bieber, egged on by a small group of his ‘companions,’ launched an abusive tirade against Moshe Benabou,” reads the suit. “The tirade was apparently triggered by what Justin Bieber perceived as an attempt by Moshe Benabou to keep one member of Mr. Bieber’s entourage physically away from Justin Bieber. As part of his tirade, Justin Bieber repeatedly punched [the plaintiff] in the chest and upper body area.”
Read more: E! Online
People of Walmart
Faces of Meth
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old